Saturday, February 23, 2013

Time to Race on the Base - Reverse Tri

Today I participated in a Reverse Triathlon.   It starts with a 5k run, followed by a 13 mile bike ride ending in the pool for a 200 m swim.   Now I know this is no where as tough or as long as July's big race.   But it allows me to see where my base is at.

Overall, I really enjoyed the race.  It was so nice to start with the run. It allowed me to have some pep in my step.  It also let me know I can run at a decent pace with out any music.   (I'm dreading the 13.1 mile run with no music... there's a no headphone rule for safety reasons).  I ended up having my best 5k race time which was 29:54.  

The bike portion was 3 loops around the runway.   This was the first race I have done with a loop.  It was encouraging because I was on loop 1 or 2 at the same time as the faster riders (they were probably on loop 3).   They helped push me to ride harder and stronger.   Ended up finishing the bike portion in 46 minutes.   

The final 200m zig and zag through the swimming pool was a great way to cool down after the bike and run.   Plus I didn't feel all stinky and sweaty on my ride home after the race... always a plus :)

I definitely enjoyed this event and would do it again.   It was great way to start the day.   Can't wait for the first normal direction triathlon of the season in April.   


No comments:

Post a Comment