Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quick Update: 1 Official Week down of training 13 more weeks to go.


First off,  I just want to thank everyone who has donated.  I have officially met the minimum race requirement for fundraising. I'm amazed and blessed by all the support I have received in this short period of time.   I can now focus 100% of my attention to the training. If you didn't donate, but still want to, here's the link:  http://www.active.com/donate/vineman13/MelissaErwin     

As for the training side... I have been very busy.  This was the first official week of my training plan.   For the most part I have stayed on par with the plan.  This consisted of 2.5 hrs of swimming, 2 hrs of running, and 4.25 hrs of cycling/spinning.   The only exception to the plan was Friday's swim.  It was suppose to be an hour swim, but it turns out the beautiful weather caused the outdoor pool to be super popular so I was only able to fit in a half hour swim.   

Also, I have joined a master’s swim program at my gym.   I think it will probably be the best decision in my training plan.  In this program, I have learned that I have a horrible kick, an incorrect stroke, and loose core.   All causing a lack of efficiency.  Hopefully with some instruction, I can break all my bad habits and become a stronger swimmer.  

After one week of training, I’m exhausted and looking forward to tomorrows rest day :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment