Breath deeply and count to 10 slowly. As of today, my work schedule is slowing down and not so hectic... Which means... I can officially stop freaking out about work, and start freaking out about this little race I’ve signed up for.
Yup thats right. I’m officially getting nervous about the race. I’ve started reviewing the race website and course details. The website states that there are cut-off times at the various stages of the race. If my calculations are correct, I’m going to be pushing those cut-off times to the nearest second. I reviewed the results from the previous year and looks like the cut-off times were not enforced. Fingers crossed, that it will be the same this year. If they are enforcing the times, I better hope not to get a flat tire :)
I am hoping to use these nerves to help motivate me with the final month of training. I have some long bike rides and long runs scheduled these next few weekends and am going to need every ounce of energy to keep focused.
Off the topic a little, I was talking to my mom about my nerves for the upcoming race and she mentioned something about me being “athletic”. I corrected her and stated I prefer to use the word “sporty”. Why? Because I’m definitely not the naturally talented athlete. I have to work hard to be in the middle of the pack. But I do enjoy getting out there and challenging myself. And those who know me, know that I'm very competitive with me, myself, and I. So I think “sporty” best describes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment