Sunday, May 20, 2018

Chicago Marathon Training Week #2 Update



Week 2 of my Marathon training.  I've spent time pondering what the training keyword and motto will be.   I've come up with the following:

1.  Motto: Stick to the Plan
2.  Keyword:  Limitless

Last weeks plan was the following:

Day:             Plan                        Actual                   Comments
Monday:      50 Minute Run       50 minutes            4.5 miles 11:02 pace, training session
Tuesday:      Track 2.0                Track 2.0              3 miles, bike to work
Wednesday: Cross Train             REST
Thursday:    50 Minute Run       35 minute              3.1 miles, Duane's B-day
Friday:         40 Minute Run       50 minutes            4.3 miles, (swapped Thurs and Friday)
Saturday:    Cross Train             15.6 mile ride, group session
Sunday:       8 miles                   8.1 miles                 11:34 pace (no major pain)

Overall, this was a pretty good week of sticking with the plan.  After bike to work day, I was feeling pretty dead.  So I decided to take Wednesday off.  Normally that would be my swim day.  Due to Thursday being Duane's Birthday, I opted to swap Thursday and Friday's runs.   Saturdays group training session was core intensive.   Which ended up transitioning to a sore stomach and side aches through out my run.

Funny Story on my Friday night run,  I ended up running down by Redondo Beach Pier.  Towards the end of a the run, I ran past of a group of ladies who looked like they were headed out for a girls night out.   One of the girls, turned around and started running with me, turned to me said "Hi, how far are you running today?", I responded, and her response "That's awesome, keep it up" then turned around and joined up back with the girls.  Made me smile and also made me want whatever she was drinking in the pre party:)


This Week's Grade for training:  A
This Week's Grade for nutrition:  B+

Nutrition Grade was alright.  Overall I did pretty good making good decisions.  But could have made better decisions.  Yummy cake,  donuts,  fries, burgers, burritos.    That is just some of my less positive food choices for the week.   But I've already gone grocery shopping and prepped for lunch  next week.  
Monday- Post Trainer Run
Tues Track 2.0
Thursday Evening Run 


Friday- Happy Hour Run
Sunday Long Run

No comments:

Post a Comment