Sunday, February 10, 2019

Hard Work is paying off

Take Pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go

DayPlannedActualComments
Monday60 Min ARRestrest letting
arch recover
Tuesday2x15 ATSkippedWork
WednesdayXT2x15
Trainer day
4.02 miles
Felt alright
Thursday60 Min AR47:224.83 miles
9'42"
FridayOffDGF Group
Stretch

Saturday18 miles18 miles11'25" pace
Sunday60 min47 min4.1 miles
11'25" pace

Decided to take Monday off to rest and let my arch continue to recover.  Ended up taking Tuesday off as well due to being pulled into an Urgent work need that entertained me for 14 hours of the day.   Probably for the best,  because my arch didn't bother me on any runs the rest of the week.

Wednesday I got back at it.  I ended up skipping out of work early and went to the aviation track to get Tuesdays missed work out in.  It was 2x15 min threshold with a 3 minute recovery.   Overall I felt pretty sluggish, but ended up keeping up pace (under 9 min) during the threshold portion.   After my run, I headed over to Dynamic Grit for my training session with Kei.   We did a lot of glutes, core and some arms.  I was sore on Friday and could pinpoint exactly what exercises hit me hard.



Thursday, I made it to the 6:30 SBRC run group.  We did the poinsettia loop.   Overall my goal was not be the last one back, and I wasn't.  I ended up feeling pretty good on all the hills and managed to keep up with a few of the other runners.  




Friday was a rest day.  I ended up going to Dynamic Grit group class, where we focused on an hour of stretching. Super tight in my neck and shoulders.  But overall my legs felt alright.

Saturday I made up missing last weeks 18 miler, with repeating it on Saturday.  Went out not knowing how it was going to go,  overall it felt pretty good.  My back was bothering me but that was going to happen whether I ran or not.  Weather was perfect.  Legs felt great.   Hoping next weeks 20 miler feels the same or better.



Sunday I woke up, not really motivated.  Decided to go out for a 3 mile recovery run and ended up doing 4.  Legs were tired, but pace was alright with a low average heart rate.  I was surprised at my pace with heart rate.  





Work out Grade: B+   (Proud of myself for getting out there on Saturday and Sunday, when I really wasn't feeling it)









No comments:

Post a Comment