Sunday, February 17, 2019

Learning to accept the uncomfortable

Training to be comfortable while feeling uncomfortable. 

DayPlannedActualComments
Monday60 Min AR32 min
DGF group
3 miles @10'42

Tuesday2x15 AT2x15 ATOption for 3 sets
but severe side ache
during 2nd set
decided to call it
legs ached at night
WednesdayXTTrainer dayBody felt dead,
lots of core, lots of
arms
Thursday60 Min AR47:575.09 miles
9'24"
FridayOffOff
Saturday60 min47:274.24 miles
11'11" pace
Sunday20 mil20 mileslower back pain
11'28" pace

Monday I decided I would go to the gym and do a group class instead of running, but felt guilty and decided to go for short recovery run as well.   The run went alright, a little sluggish.   Then made it to DGF for a group class.  It included TRX rows and pushups, lat pull downs, step ups, squats, and core mountain climbers (those were the worst).    Could definitely tell my legs were dead from the weekends long runs.  

Tuesday made it to track night.  The LA marathon group could either do 2 or 3 sets of 15 minutes threshold running with 5 minute recovery.   The first 15 minutes felt awesome.  I was planning on doing all 3 sets, but on set 2, within the first couple minutes I got a really bad side ache that I had to push through for a the rest of set.   Once we got to recovery pace, I could barely breath or stand up straight while I tried to jog it out.   Never fully recovered from that set, and decided to call it a day after 2 sets.  (I was disappointed).   Once I got home and went to bed, my legs and feet joints were aching.  Body is definitely telling me it needs a rest.  (I thought good, Thursday is valentines day so I will have a couple days off).   Note:  during the day my left knee was not feeling great, but didn't have any issues while running.


Wednesday, I woke up achey and exhausted.  Thought about cancelling or requesting an easier trainer day, but instead kept my mouth shut and didn't whine until I got there.  Kei still chose to push me and not take it easy on my me.


Thursday, I was planning to take the day off, but my husband determined he wanted to take a nap after work and told me to go run.  So once again, I ended up at the 5:30 Sketchers run group who are the speedy runners.   I wasn't able to keep up with the main group, but ended up running the 5 miles with another runner Brian, who kept me at a decent pace.  


Saturday, I went took it easy and ran to my friends house to feed her cat.   It was a nice 4 mile run.  At the end of the run, I noticed my arch was bothering me.   Hoping it wouldn't bother me during long run, which it didn't (phew).


Sunday,  long run day.  Looked at the forecast, it called for rain and 25 mph winds.  Ugh, I miss the perfect California weather.   I ended up running 9 miles to the marina del rey jetty (wind was coming from the west with a hint of the north, so heading north had a nice resistance), when I went to turn around you could see the rain clouds in the south bay.    Somehow I managed to miss the rain, by the time I got back to the south bay it was gone.   Ended up needing to run an additional mile into redondo beach and back to get my 20 miles.    Got a shooting pain in my tailbone around mile 11,  once that went away my lower back remained sore the rest of the run.   I ended up having my best 20 mile run by about 10 minutes.    Woot Woot!    Once home, I stretched and foam rolled.  



Work out grade: A-
Nutrition Grade: C







No comments:

Post a Comment