Everyday is a chance to get better. It doesn't matter how I feel, just got to get out there and make each training session count. Some days will go great, while others will be rough.
Day: Plan Actual Comments
Monday: 50 Minute Run 50 minute Trainer day, followed by run/walk (4/1)
Tuesday: Track 2.0 Track 2.0 100 m sprint relays
Wednesday: Cross Train Baked Cookies, yummy
Thursday: 50 Minute Run Get out of Jail free card (Anniversary)
Friday: 50 Minute Run 50 minute run 4.42 miles at 11:15 pace
Saturday: cross train Group Training
Sunday: 12 miles 12 miles 12:35 pace, the struggle was real
Monday: morning legs were dead and quads were sore from the ride portion of the tri. Overall body was tired, but not super sore. Had my usually Monday training session with Kei. Can't mix up my routine so early in the week. Training work out was laid back focusing on gluten and core. Post training session went for a 50 minute run/walk. Ended up running 4 minutes and walking 1. Post run my right leg was achey.
![]() |
| Monday Run/Walk |
![]() |
| Track night stats |
Friday, picked back up my workout. I was hoping it would flush out some of my soreness in my legs. Managed to get the 50 minute run in, timed the loop perfectly. I definitely felt sluggish and my legs were sore in that they didn't want to move quickly.
![]() |
| Friday Run |
![]() |
| Friday Run-Stats |
Saturday, I went to a group training session in the morning. Quads were still dead from Tuesdays work out. We did 2 sets of 500 m row, and it took the first set to loosen up the quads. Work out was a full body workout focusing a little bit on everything.
Sunday, sigh, so wasn't feeling it on the run. Knowing how I was feeling, probably should have driven down to the beach to avoid needing to go up the hill on at mile 10. The run started with my Garmin watch beeping at me to speed up. (goal is to keep my long run between 10:45 and 11:45). By mile 4 I was dealing with Side Aches. By mile 7, my legs were aching like crazy. It was like I was completely undertrained, even though I had done a 14 miler a few weeks back. By mile 9, I had switched to a run 1:30, walk 30 to get me done with the last 3 miles. Thought about just running an additional 2 miles on the beach and ubering home just so I would not have to go up 190th street. But decided to just push through, no matter the time, just complete what I set out to do. The good news is that it allowed me to work on my mental game. I am a very mental runner, if I feel great, then my run is great, but as soon as things start going wrong, its hard for me to get past the negative thoughts. So the fact that I was able to press on and get the mileage in is a positive. Tough runs help train for non perfect race days. I'm sure this will not be my last rough run during this training cycle.
This Week's Grade for training: B+
This Week's Grade for nutrition: B+
To be honest I have no clue what I did for food this week. We went out and ate to our hearts delight on our anniversary. Also ate more than I should have at my work picnic (catered by Britt's barbecue)... We also did freshly meals 3 nights and pasta 1 other night.







No comments:
Post a Comment