| Track Night - Getting it done |
Week 7: You are Stronger than you Think
Day: Plan Actual Comments
Monday: 50 Minute Run trainer legs dead
Tuesday: Track 2.0 Track 2.0 2x400,2x800,2x400
Wednesday: Cross Train Relax
Thursday: 50 Minute Run 45 min 4 miles 11:09
Friday: 50 Minute Run 32 min 3 miles 10:45
Saturday: cross train Off
Sunday: Tri Tri
Monday I woke up and my legs were dead. My right upper calf was tender from yesterday's run. Went to my training session. The workout seemed to focus on core, and upper body... for how my legs felt, I wasn't complaining. I ended up deciding to listen to my body and skip todays scheduled run in order to get a little recovery in before this weekends race. The rest of the night my left lower back has a slight pinch in it, but that was probably from various lower back exercises earlier in the day.
Tuesday Track 2.0. Shoulders and arms sore all day. Legs tired when I woke up but by track time feeling great. I ended up leaving work late, so warmup consisted of running from parking lot to track. Run felt good and no pain during run. Hamstrings started to get sore before bed, and then were super sore and lower right back sore on Wednesday morning. Continues to feel like something in my hip/back was out of alignment. Back still feeling like it had a pinch in it. Ended up taking Wednesday off, for a happy hour retirement gathering.
On Thursday, had dinner plans with a friend who was in town from Colorado, so I opted run from work so I can shower at the Boeing gym. Overall, I forgot how hilly El Segundo was, for the most part the run felt good felt good and was able to enjoy dinner knowing I got a bulk of my work out in.
Friday, ended up being a longer work day than desired (seems to be the trend), decided to just run 4 miles to rest up for the weekend. It felt great and was suppose to be at a relaxed pace. I have my watch set up to notify me if I am going to fast or too slow. The entire run, the watch kept telling me to slow down. (I love days like that).
Sunday was San Diego's International Triathlon. Had stomach issues the night before the race, and was wondering if I was even going to make to race start. Finally fell asleep just before 1am, and woke up at 4:45am feeling much better. Got to the race, and was completely flustered, luckily managed to pull it all together before race start. Race start was in the harbor, with a water start. Water was warm, and race waves were small which led to a pleasurable swim. Ended up taking it easy, because the harder I go, the slower I swim. I did much better with sighting and going in a straight line. (swim was suppose to be 1000 meters, but my watch had only 876 meters). Got out of the swim on got on the bike. The first 3.5 miles was all uphill (which was nice the last 3.5 miles of the ride), the rest of the ride was rolling hills. Overall the ride was my weakness, but thats what I get for only riding 1 day a week (you get what you put in). Next came the run. I almost went out with one running shoe and one biking shoe. My friend stopped me before I got too far telling me I'm missing a shoe. Once I got the proper gear on, the run went pretty well. My goal was to run the whole time, and I managed to do that. It was suppose to be a 10k run, but my watch ended up with 6.5 (other peoples watches had 6.4), I guess the race was making up for the swim shortness. Overall, happy with how I did, until I looked at the results and saw how I ranked overall (391/438, but overall I was 377 swim, 390 bike, and 373 run, so slow at every event). (I know I'm slow, but for some reason always get depressed when I realize it, especially when I felt like I did pretty good for myself). Just need to remember its all about myself and getting stronger.
his Week's Grade for training: B
This Week's Grade for nutrition: C
From a nutrition standpoint, there were a lot of temptations with poor choices. We did CFA after track night and it went downhill from that. I had a retirement gathering Wednesday night which includes drinks and appetizers, then Thursday I had a friend in town and I ended up ordering the fried chicken, only to be surprised it came slathered with fried gravy. Since the race was in San Diego, we ate out at an Italian restaurant the night before the race. Post race I had the Habit for dinner.
| Track Night Splits-2x400, 2x800, 2x400 |
| Track Night - Hard at Work |
| Track Night - Pace and Heart |
![]() |
| Thursday - El Segundo Run |
![]() |
| Friday Torrance Run |
![]() |
| San Diego Tri-876m swim,17.5 mile ride, 6.2ish mile run |
| San Diego Tri - Success |
| San Diego Tri Bike - Elevation and Speed |
![]() |
| San Diego Tri Run |




No comments:
Post a Comment