Sunday, June 17, 2018

Week 6: Stick to the Plan


Week 6:  Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try

Day:             Plan                        Actual                        Comments
Monday:      50 Minute Run       50 minutes/trainer      4.4 miles 11:19
Tuesday:      Track 2.0               Intervals-4:1                3.7 miles 10:56            
Wednesday: Cross Train            walked to cvs
Thursday:    50 Minute Run       54 min                       5 miles 10:52
Friday:         50 Minute Run       48 min                       4.4 miles 10:52
Saturday:     cross train               swim 1000 yds, bike 18 miles
Sunday:       2-6-2 miles              2-6-2                         11:00 pace

Monday's run was after my personal training session (which again focused on legs and glutes).  Overall the run felt okay, I little sluggish, but not like the previous week.  Hips were definitely aggravated during this run.

Monday Run
Tuesday Interval
Track night Tuesday was cancelled due to graduation prep.  The group met and did hills, but I determined I would do an interval run, with 4 minute fast pace (9:30) and then 1 minute recovery.  Most of my runs this week ended up at snoozy's house, since I was watching him and it was perfect distance to get my runs in.










Wednesday I had hoped to go to group training, but didn't get off work until 5:25 and then it took me 45 minutes to get home.   So totally did not make the 6pm class.  Instead I walked to cvs to get my dad a father's day card and then called it good.

Thursday and Friday, ran again to snoozy's house.  This time I took a different path to get a 50 minutes of run time in.  Surprised at how well the run went considering I was up early both days for customer meetings and then ended up having long frustrating days at work.

Thursday Run



Friday Run
Saturday, in prep for next weekends triathlon,  Erika and I went down to Los Alamitos Bay to practice an open water swim.  Still struggling with swimming straight.  Maybe they can put bumper lanes like they do for kids when learning to bowl, to keep me going in the right direction. Definitely need to clean my goggles, because they are hard to see out of.   Also need to remember to take body glide to keep my neck from chafing through out the swim.  

After the swim, I end up going for a 18 mile ride into PV.  My legs were dead to start with and I swear I was battling the wind the entire way both directions.  Towards the end the ride my left hand was bothering me, which it did the previous time I did this ride as well.   Hopefully in the race I will be more on my aerobars and less on the handlebars to alleviate the issue.
Bike Ride
Bike Ride views




Morning Swim
























Sundays run was a marathon trial pace run.  Which means I warmed up with 2 miles, then 6 miles at marathon pace, then cool down 2 miles.   I managed to get my 6 miles in at a 10:30 pace.  But it was definitely tough, maybe because of the ride yesterday. Overall, I felt sluggish and was frustrated that my watch kept beeping at me to speed up.  (during the marathon pace timeframe I had it set up to beep if I went faster than 10:00 min pace or slower than 10:50 min pace).  During the 6 miles, I was getting a new twinge behind my right knee on my upper calf.  But it was just annoying, and not something I felt I needed to slow down and hold back.  

Sundays Run
Sunday Long Run

This Week's Grade for training:  A
This Week's Grade for nutrition:  B+

B+ mainly for the food brought in for the customer meetings.  Ate a lot of cookies, and unhealthy snacks.   But managed to stay away from French Fries altogether this week (WOOHOO!).




Snoozy!







No comments:

Post a Comment