Sunday, June 10, 2018

Week 5 Blues


Week 5:  Definitely feeling it this week.  The struggle was real.

Day:             Plan                        Actual                        Comments
Monday:      50 Minute Run       47 minutes/trainer      4.1 miles 11:35
Tuesday:      Track 2.0                Baseball Game
Wednesday: Cross Train            5k 10:02 pace, 40 min swim
Thursday:    50 Minute Run       50 min                       4.2 miles 11:53
Friday:         40 Minute Run       40 min                       3.4 miles 11:29
Saturday:     cross train               Group Training
Sunday:       12 miles                  12 miles                   11:53 pace

Monday's run was after my personal training session (which focused on legs and glutes).  The entire run felt like I was at mile 20. My hips bothered me the entire run.   I ended up skipping Tuesdays run, so that way Duane and I could go cheer on the Angels.

Wednesday was Global Run Day, and SBRC hosted a run on the wood chip trail starting at Athleta. It was a giant parade of SBRC runners. Overall, run felt good.  I guess the day off helped.  After the run went to swimming.  I ended up colliding with another swimmer, and ended up leaving early due to severe pain in my arm.   Luckily, in the morning it was feeling a lot better, just really sore.

Thursday, I joined SBRC for their Thursday night run from sketchers.  They were doing hills, which I wasn't feeling, (seemed like half the group wasn't feeling it) and ended up just getting my miles in on the strand.  Met Erika, her mom, and baby Kaiden in the middle of the run, so I had a run buddy for a bit.  After I turned around and they kept going, I dealt with side aches and ended up having to walk part of the time, but ended up finishing strong (but at a slower than desired pace).

Friday, still feeling sluggish, hip was bothering me.  (It seems to early in the training cycle to be feeling this beat up). Just stayed and ran around the neighborhood.

Saturday, ended up being a lazy day.  I did a morning group training session, and then battled the Costco crowd.   Not, sure what we did that day, but woke up Sunday morning with my legs super sore.

Sunday, not feeling great.  Had a horrible sleep. And just wanting a lazy couch potato day.   Ended up getting out there, and accomplishing my 12 miles.  The first 12 miles were slower than my desired pace, but I managed to get faster after about 6 miles (maybe the wind was finally in my favor).  I opted to run along the beach, because I wasn't up for any hills.

his Week's Grade for training:  A
This Week's Grade for nutrition:  B+

From a nutrition standpoint, I did alright. But there were a few meals that should have been healthier choices, including 2 mornings with blueberry scones, chipotle bowl, chicken sandwich with fries, tacos and guac.
Global Run Day

Global Run Day- Skirt Sister

Global Run Day runners (I'm in the very back, look for purple sunglasses)
Playing Hooky from track night

SBRC- Thursday Runners

Saturday Long Run along the Beach



Monday Run
Wednesday - Global Run Day
Thursday Night Run
Friday Night Run


Long Run-Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment