![]() |
| PR Medal |
Last weeks plan was the following:
Day: Updated Plan Actual Comments
Monday: 30 Minute Run 54 minutes 2.5 miles 12:13 pace
Tuesday: 2x20/3min rec 2x20/3min 5.5 miles
Wednesday: Cross Train Trainer Day
Thursday: 60 Minute Run 55 minute 5.0 miles 11:04 pace
Friday: Off 59:00 5.0 miles 11:40 pace
Saturday: XT Ocean Swim
Sunday: 10k race 6.2 miles 9:30 pace (PR)
Monday was definitely a recovery run. Stretched for about a half hour prior to my run. My legs felt okay, but my endurance felt like I have never ran before. Luckily it was a 30 minute recovery run. I was inspired from a lady at the gym who accomplished her goal of doing a pull up, and I was curious if I could still do one. So I ran to the park, went to the pull up bar and successfully managed multiple pull ups, then decided to run to the monkey bars and go across, followed by another set of pull-ups. Then continued on my run back home. I was quite happy to know I could still do pull ups.
Tuesday was track night. I was still lagging from the weekends run. My legs were feeling like cement. And track night got to be 2x20 minute interval runs. Managed to keep my intervals at at a 9:28 pace. Not quite sure how.
![]() |
| SBRC Track Night: 2x20 min |
Thursday was SBRC run from Sketchers was a mix of the strand and wood chips. I wasn't feeling it. As soon as we took off, I was definitely lagging behind everyone. So I just stayed on the strand and took it easy. Another SBRC lady, caught up to me on the strand after she took a detour down the pier, and we ended up finishing the last mile strong.
![]() |
| SBRC Sketchers Run-Thursday |
Sunday was the Santa Monica Classic 10k. Went with a group of SBRC people. Took some advil in the morning prior to the race to help with some soreness. I had the elusive 1 hr goal on my mind, but still hadn't figured out if today was going to be the day. The race started congested, I had my watch set up to alert me if I went over a 9:30 pace. It was alerting me a lot. My first 4 mile splits were not to pace (all uphill), by mile 3, I had officially decided that today was not going to be the day. Reached the turn-around and it was all down-hill from there. I just decided I would let my legs determine the pace and they weren't ready to give up. Ended with the last 2 miles and awesome splits. Overall finished with 1 minute to spare.
This Week's Grade for nutrition: B+








No comments:
Post a Comment