Last weeks plan was the following:
Day: Updated Plan Actual Comments
Monday: 70 Minute Run 77 minutes 6.5 miles 11:55 pace
Tuesday: 2x20/3min rec 2x20/3min 5.0 miles 9:49
Wednesday: Cross Train Swim with SMOG
Thursday: 60 Minute Run 60 minute 5.4 miles 10:56 pace
Friday: 60 Minute Run 60:00 5.6 miles 10:47 pace
Saturday: XT Rest
Sunday: 20 miles 20 miles 12:51 pace
Monday was an okay day. Leg's were sore from Sunday's 10k. Prior to my run, I had a training session. Then Erica met me at the gym and we continued on. She was doing a 16 miler, so I was just a long for the run. It was a recovery day, so just enjoying the conversational pace.
Tuesday was track night. Definitely had not recovered since the race, but managed to keep my pace during the 20 minute intervals within the goal pace 9:20-10:00. The first interval was 9:15, the second was a little slower at 9:30. Legs were definitely feeling beat up by the end.
Wednesday, I started swimming again. luckily Alex was the coach that night, so a lot of technique work. Not sure I would of Survived one of Bryan's work out. My arms were definitely exhausted after the swim, but in a good way.
Thursday, I had a 60 minute run. I wasn't feeling super speedy so just took it easy and got my hour in. Did the first mile or so on my own, and the last 40 minutes with SBRC.
Friday wasn't feeling it, overall my body was not happy. But forced myself to get out there. I managed to somehow crank out my hour run.
Saturday, attempted morning SMOG. Attempt was the key word. Got in, but couldn't get out past the break. The waves were crazy and inconsistent. I kept thinking I was making progress but overall kept getting pushed backwards. I admitted defeat and then was lazy the rest of the day. By the end of the night, I started feeling like my blood pressure was super high. I couldn't find my arm monitor so used my wrist monitor. That was showing a scary high blood pressure, and was questioning 1 if i should make duane take me to the ER, and 2, if it was safe for my run the next day.
Sunday, I reached out to a few people. Both did not recommend me running. However, I did find my arm monitor and the BP was a little a more "realistic". Still high ave 135/90 but not where I felt I was putting my health at risk. So I went out for a run, but had a buddy with me and definitely took it easy and didn't push myself. Luckily Erica had a 17 miler so we got 13 miles in together. I managed the last 7 miles on my own. Overall my joints and body felt great and that I could continue with another 6.2 miles if necessary. (In 3 weeks it will be necessary).
Workout grade: A+
Nutrition grade: A-/B+
Nutrition was good. We did a lot of meals at home, whether freshly, blue apron or my own creations. I did have a breakfast sandwich from starbucks, el pollo loco for lunch, and some breakfast pastries. But for the most part we did pretty good eating healthy.
Tuesday was track night. Definitely had not recovered since the race, but managed to keep my pace during the 20 minute intervals within the goal pace 9:20-10:00. The first interval was 9:15, the second was a little slower at 9:30. Legs were definitely feeling beat up by the end.
![]() |
| Heavy Medal Tuesday with SBRC |
Thursday, I had a 60 minute run. I wasn't feeling super speedy so just took it easy and got my hour in. Did the first mile or so on my own, and the last 40 minutes with SBRC.
![]() |
| SBRC Thursday Night Sketchers Run |
Friday wasn't feeling it, overall my body was not happy. But forced myself to get out there. I managed to somehow crank out my hour run.
Saturday, attempted morning SMOG. Attempt was the key word. Got in, but couldn't get out past the break. The waves were crazy and inconsistent. I kept thinking I was making progress but overall kept getting pushed backwards. I admitted defeat and then was lazy the rest of the day. By the end of the night, I started feeling like my blood pressure was super high. I couldn't find my arm monitor so used my wrist monitor. That was showing a scary high blood pressure, and was questioning 1 if i should make duane take me to the ER, and 2, if it was safe for my run the next day.
Sunday, I reached out to a few people. Both did not recommend me running. However, I did find my arm monitor and the BP was a little a more "realistic". Still high ave 135/90 but not where I felt I was putting my health at risk. So I went out for a run, but had a buddy with me and definitely took it easy and didn't push myself. Luckily Erica had a 17 miler so we got 13 miles in together. I managed the last 7 miles on my own. Overall my joints and body felt great and that I could continue with another 6.2 miles if necessary. (In 3 weeks it will be necessary).
Workout grade: A+
Nutrition grade: A-/B+
Nutrition was good. We did a lot of meals at home, whether freshly, blue apron or my own creations. I did have a breakfast sandwich from starbucks, el pollo loco for lunch, and some breakfast pastries. But for the most part we did pretty good eating healthy.







No comments:
Post a Comment