Last weeks plan was the following:
Day: Updated Plan Actual Comments
Monday: 60 Minute Run 38 min 3.3 miles @11:32
Tuesday: 1x40 min 40 minutes 4.7 miles @9:20
Wednesday: XT Swim with SMOG
Wednesday: XT Swim with SMOG
Thursday: 60 Minute Run 33 minutes 3.0 @10:48
Friday: 60 Minute Run 55 minutes 4.7 @ 11:45
Saturday: XT Rest
Sunday: 2x8x2 miles 12 miles 11:21 pace
Monday was an okay day. Training session was at 7pm, so I ended up running before hand. Managed to squeeze in a short run. Still nervous about blood pressure, so took it easy on the run.
Tuesday went to the doctor and spoke about my blood pressure. Ended up going on some meds to help keep the blood pressure under control Discussed work outs, and got the okay to proceed. Ended up having a 40 minute threshold run at track. Managed to keep a 9:20 pace for the 40 minutes, which would put me at 10:10 marathon pace.
Wednesday was SMOG. Definitely could feel it in my left shoulder.
Thursday I had scheduled a happy hour, so I snuck out of work early to get in a quick 3 mile run. It was warm. But overall felt okay. Lots of rolling hills in el Segundo.
Friday, I went to gym circuit training, and raised the white flag about 40 minutes in. We did 1000 m row as one of the stations. About halfway through it started going downhill. Once I finished, I felt like my heart racing, and was dizzy. However my heart rate was only about 100 bpm. Once I recovered, I started the stadium pushups. I was definitely lethargic during these but completed them. Stood up and moved onto single leg, arm curls. Started feeling light headed. So stopped to get water. while getting water, started feeling nauseous and needed to leave ASAP. Surprised I got home with out passing out. Once I had recovered, I completely the work out at home. By the evening I was feeling better so went for a 1 hr run with a low zone 3 heart rate (130-140). I ended up deciding to move my medication time from morning to evening, to seem if that helps with my exhaustion and dizziness.
Saturday, I rested.
Sunday was a 12 miler, 2 mile warmup 8 mile marathon pace, 2 mile cool down. Completed all 12 miles, but only had 3ish miles with in my marathon pace zone (9:50-10:40). I could tell when I started that I was dragging, but during the Marathon pace simulation, I felt like I was getting enough oxygen flowing through out my body.
Workout grade: A+
Nutrition grade: C-
Very bad nutrition week.
Tuesday went to the doctor and spoke about my blood pressure. Ended up going on some meds to help keep the blood pressure under control Discussed work outs, and got the okay to proceed. Ended up having a 40 minute threshold run at track. Managed to keep a 9:20 pace for the 40 minutes, which would put me at 10:10 marathon pace.
![]() |
| Tuesday Track Night |
Wednesday was SMOG. Definitely could feel it in my left shoulder.
Thursday I had scheduled a happy hour, so I snuck out of work early to get in a quick 3 mile run. It was warm. But overall felt okay. Lots of rolling hills in el Segundo.
![]() |
| Thursday el Segundo Run |
Friday, I went to gym circuit training, and raised the white flag about 40 minutes in. We did 1000 m row as one of the stations. About halfway through it started going downhill. Once I finished, I felt like my heart racing, and was dizzy. However my heart rate was only about 100 bpm. Once I recovered, I started the stadium pushups. I was definitely lethargic during these but completed them. Stood up and moved onto single leg, arm curls. Started feeling light headed. So stopped to get water. while getting water, started feeling nauseous and needed to leave ASAP. Surprised I got home with out passing out. Once I had recovered, I completely the work out at home. By the evening I was feeling better so went for a 1 hr run with a low zone 3 heart rate (130-140). I ended up deciding to move my medication time from morning to evening, to seem if that helps with my exhaustion and dizziness.
![]() |
| Friday Zone 3 Run |
Saturday, I rested.
Sunday was a 12 miler, 2 mile warmup 8 mile marathon pace, 2 mile cool down. Completed all 12 miles, but only had 3ish miles with in my marathon pace zone (9:50-10:40). I could tell when I started that I was dragging, but during the Marathon pace simulation, I felt like I was getting enough oxygen flowing through out my body.
![]() |
| Marathon Pace Simulation |
Workout grade: A+
Nutrition grade: C-
Very bad nutrition week.





No comments:
Post a Comment