| Day |
Planned |
Actual |
Comments |
| Monday |
60 Min AR |
51 minutes |
run with time 12:57 pace |
| Tuesday |
4x10 AT |
4x8 AT |
recovery was walking |
| Wednesday |
XT |
Trainer Day |
He took it easy on me |
| Thursday |
50 Min AR |
42 minutes |
4 miler |
| Friday |
Off |
Off |
Rest |
| Saturday |
50 minutes |
8 miles |
11:10 pace with Frances |
| Sunday |
14 miles |
approx 10 miles |
12:45 pace |
So its been awhile. I had come up with a plan for LA Marathon training. However, the year end holidays kind of derailed me. I did have some good adventures. Including a last minute trip to Cocoa Beach Florida to cheer my friend Erica on at the Space Coast Marathon. Less than a week before race weekend, I learned that the half still had slots available. So I signed up to kill some time while she completed the marathon. Ended up being a PR for me by 12 minutes!!! 2:13:48 Woot Woot!
 |
| In Action |
 |
| Space Coast Race Start: I did the half, Erica and Dirk did the full |
 |
| Happy Finisher: PR!!! |
Over the holiday break while I was in Gig Harbor, Wa, I was able to meet up with one of my old middle school friends for a 5 mile run through Point Defiance. Nothing like a good run to converse and catch up on life.
 |
| Rachel and I running around Point Defiance |
I was planning on really kicking into gear when I got back from Christmas on the 26th, but ended up catching a nasty cold that wiped me out. I took 3 days off of running, and then took it easy the next few runs. But I did head up to PV Bluffs for a very short sunset run. It was nature at its best.
 |
| Woohoo, feeling a little better |
 |
| Point Vicente Light House |
 |
| Point Vicente Interpretive Center |
I also picked out my "A" race for the year. Mixing it up this year with another major triathlon. Ended up registering for Santa Cruz 70.3 on Sept 8. So once my LA Marathon training comes to an end I will be transitioning to Tri training. Looking forward to mixing up training come summer and fall.
Okay, now lets discuss this week.
Monday-I was still recovering from my cold and met up with Tim for a very relaxed pace 4 miler along the Manhattan Beach Strand. It was a great way to celebrate the 2018 year as we transitioned to 2019.
 |
| Tim and I year end celebration run |
Tuesday was New Years Day, so there was no track night. The track schedule showed 10minute Threshold, with 3 minute recovery 4x. I ended up doing a 8 minute threshold 2 minute recovery due to still recovering from being sick and walking the 2 minute recovery period.
Wednesday I met Kei at for a trainer day. I think he took it easy on me because i was winded just doing strength exercises.
Thursday - SBRC Sketchers Run Night. I ended up doing my own strand run because I didn't bring any lights to be seen while on the road, plus I don't know if my body was quite ready for a 5 miler after a full day of work.
Saturday- Met up in PV for a great run with Frances. Managed to get 8 miles in with a few hills.
Sunday - Got in a solid 10 miles. I was training via Heart Rate, so trying to keep it under 158. Which turns out ended up with a very slow pace (upper 12 minute pace). (Not sure to be exact because I was having technical difficulties with my watch). But met up with Jaq for a few miles which moved my pace up to sub 11 minute.
 |
| Jaq and I mid run |
 |
| Hermosa Beach |
Anyways. Its time to focus, and hit training hard. LA is 12 weeks out and every run counts.
Training Grade: A (This week), D+ (December)
No comments:
Post a Comment