Take Pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go
| Day | Planned | Actual | Comments |
| Monday | 50 Min AR | 48:55 | 4.49 miles 10'53" |
| Tuesday | 1x40 MP | 1x40 | 8'53" Pace |
| Wednesday | XT | Trainer day | focused on arms |
| Thursday | OFF | 30:00 | 3.0 miles |
| Friday | OFF | OFF | |
| Saturday | 8 miles | 8 miles | |
| Sunday | 40 minutes | 5k MP | 11'15" pace |
Monday - Had a long work day, but managed to get the tail end of the sunset. Gotta love Day light saving time. Ended up running Redondo Beach, I had hoped to make the SBRC run group, but missed that by quite a bit. Overall, the run was not great. My stomach was cramped and felt hungry, probably from not eating well that day (protein box from coffee bean). Managed to push through and get more 50 minutes in.
Tuesday - Prior to Track night, had a great conversation with the head coach from Feisty Fox Training, in seeing what she can offer me for my upcoming Tri in September. Got to track night, right on time (so missed the warm up), but it turns out Track night was cancelled (news to the entire SBRC club). So we had to make due with an alternative. The 40 minute Marathon Pace training run at the track became a hilly 40 minute training run attempting to be Marathon Pace around the neighborhood (2 mile loop). Struggled with keeping and finding a good average pace. I would be slower up the hill, and faster down the hill, averaging at a 10'10" pace. Marathon goal pace is 10'30"
Wednesday-Met with Kei. Last time I will see him until after the race. I told him to focus on Arms, because Coach Mark said no more lifting until after the race. We did TRX pull ups, lots of push ups (various styles) with bosu ball, and planks.
Thursday - Per the training plan was suppose to be Off. But I talked to coach Mark and he said if I was feeling alright, I could run. So I met up with SBRC Sketcher's run night and did a relaxed pace strand run versus the 5 mile Ponsiettia hill loop. Overall felt pretty good.
Friday - OFF, but spent the evening continuing the talk with Feisty Fox. Great conversation and I think the program can definitely get me ready for Santa Cruz 70.3.
Saturday - 8 miler taper run. Took it easy. Right leg (calf, hamstring, lower back) was tight the entire run. In the evening, I stretched and foam rolled to try and stretch out my hamstrings, glutes, and back. Definitely need to focus on stretching and foam rolling this upcoming week.
Sunday - St Patty's day 5k. This is my 10 year runnerversary race, so I had to do it. Run/Body felt much better than Saturday's run. Felt great the entire race, was surprised to see my average heart rate after the run, because it didn't feel that high during it. Goal was to do it at Marathon Pace, my watch kept beeping at me to slow down (I guess thats better than beeping at me to speed up). In the end, my lap splits were closer to what I'm aiming for, but still can slow down.
Training Grade this week: A
Nutrition Grade this week: B+ (Did better with working out and making better choices, but still can improve on what I'm putting in my body).
Goals for the week and Marathon:
Leading up to the Marathon, my goal is to put good food into my body. Make healthy decisions, take lunch to work, and make sure everything I'm eating is fuel for race day. Focus on hydration and getting enough water on daily basis.
Now lets talk Marathon:
My current race PR is 5:19:35 at Chicago, nice Flat course. So lets go big or go home. I have been training hard this cycle and also working on the mental aspect of the run. My long run training went much better than my long runs during the training cycle of Chicago. So with that being said, I'm setting some big goals for a nice rolling hill course of the LA marathon. (Setting 3 level of goals, so that way I can reassess during the race if needed).
My A-Goal - 10:30 pace overall. My 2 - 20 milers, and my 18 miler were all just shy of an 11:30 pace, with out having to walk. Speaking with Coach Mark, from the 40 minute threshold trial run he felt, it showed a 4:19 ability to finish, but that 4:35 was more realistic based on my miles logged and training. Which was the same thought I had in my mind. So this is my plan heading into the race.
My B-Goal - is my long time Marathon Goal - which is to be under 5 hrs.
My C Goal - is a PR.
![]() |
| A Goal Plan |
![]() |
| B Goal - tracking |




No comments:
Post a Comment