| Day | Planned | Actual | Comments |
| Monday | 60 Min AR | 52 min | 3.81 miles 4 min run/1min walk |
| Tuesday | 1x40 AT | 1x40 AT | 8'53" Pace |
| Wednesday | XT | Trainer day | stomach hamstrings |
| Thursday | 60 Min AR | 30:00 | 3.0 miles 10'03" |
| Friday | XT | DGF S-club | |
| Saturday | 1 hr | 12.2 | Swapped Sat/Sun 10'27" 8 miles MP 10'00" |
| Sunday | 2-8-2 miles | 6.35 | 11'15" pace |
Monday - Met up with Valerie and did a run/walk. Run 4 minutes and walk 1 minute. Overall felt okay considering I was still recovering from the 20 miler the day after. For the pace and distance, I was surprised at how high my heart rate was.
Tuesday Track Night - consisted of 40 minute Threshold Run. 2 lap warm up, then managed to run the 40 minutes at an 8:53 pace. This was about 30 seconds faster than the time I did it in September when prepping for Chicago. Speaking with Coach Mark, this would translate into a 9’49” pace. However, he felt a 10’30” pace is more realistic due to my current mileage. Which was the pace I was thinking of shooting for on race day.
Wednesday - Trainer day with Kei. Lots of core work. Planks, Planks and more Planks, followed by leg lefts and some hamstring curls.
Thursday - I had a date night with my Hubby to see Apollo 11. So I snuck out of work early and got in 3 miles before heading out for the night. I had hoped to get more, but ran out of time. Overall, felt sluggish when I started, but started feeling better as it went on, as you can tell by my time.
Friday - I did DGF group fitness class. It included stadium push up 2 min challenge. Then a circuit we did 3 times, which included: Kettle ball squats, TRX triceps, Lat Pull down, Bear Crawls, Mountain Climbers, and jump rope. Overall, great work out. Following that I went to S-Club to try the discounted Gold Flow recovery class. It entailed: inferred sauna, then 5 minutes of cycling, 8 minutes of rowing, and 8 minutes on a climber (all speed intervals to get the heart rate up). Following the cardio portion, there was 10 minute foam roller, followed by 15 minutes in a normatec recovery boots, and a massage ball.
Saturday - 2 mile warm up, 8 miles Marathon simulation pace, 2 mile cool down. Overall, felt great on the 8 mile simulation pace. I was shooting for a 10:30 pace, but could not dial that pace in. I would either be 15 seconds slower or about 30 seconds faster. Overall I opted to go with the faster pace. The last 2 miles, felt good. Made it up Beryl without walking, and then my relaxed pace hit my goal Marathon pace. So I guess that works. :)
Sunday - Wow that was an early morning (Daylights Saving Time) and a 7 am date with other runners at Dodger stadium for an LA Marathon first 6 mile preview didn’t help. Me and 2 friends from SBRC (Anne and Brianna) met other people from various LA running groups: (LA Road Runners, LA Leggers, Pasadena Pacers, Inland Empire Running Club). The first 6 miles are the toughest in the race with a good climb around mile 4 and 5. Overall, the run felt good and it answered some questions of what to expect race morning. We followed up our run, with tacos from Guisados. So yummy.
Work grade: A
Nutrition: B
Nutrition goal for next week. Log all the food I eat. So that way I can make a truthful assessment of the food I’m intaking.



No comments:
Post a Comment