If you fail to prepare, then you prepare to fail. Training is all about preparation.
| Day | Planned | Actual | Comments |
| Monday | 60 Min AR | 47 min | 4.33 miles run/walk 5min/30sec |
| Tuesday | 2x20 AT | 2x20 AT | Kept AT under 9 min pace lower back sore |
| Wednesday | XT | Trainer day | glute strength stretching |
| Thursday | 60 Min AR | 34:00 | 3.0 miles 11'23" left quad |
| Friday | XT | REST | |
| Saturday | 1 hr | REST | |
| Sunday | 20 miles | 20 miles | 11'29" pace |
Monday, felt I was still recovering from the weekend. Decided to do a sunset run/walk to get use to start and stop if I need to do that in the Marathon. Ended up 5 min run/30 sec walk. Felt good to get out there.
Tuesday was track night. Ended up keeping both thresholds under 9 minute pace. The second one was rough. I could feel it in my hamstrings and hips.
Wednesday, I wasn't feeling it. Ended up leaving work early and working the rest of the day from home. Super sleepy all day and my lower back was killing me. I think I was making Kei fall asleep during the training session. We ended up doing some glute work, but then did about 20 minute of stretching. (He probably didn't plan on that, but gave up on me for that session).
Thursday, I had a dentist appointment in the morning and couldn't make sketchers run at the evening, so decided to get a short run in PV after the dentist. My quad started feeling not normal after about mile 1.5. I kept pushing through the run, but it definitely did not feel right. It was bothersome the rest of the day.
Friday and Saturday, I ended up resting. Didn't want to push my quad too hard. Need to get to race start.
Sunday, got my 20 miler in. Overall, it was consistent with my previous 20 miler. I didn't feel as strong as the last 20 miler. Took an advil before the run to get through the run. Lower back and hamstrings felt tight at the beginning. But went away. Around mile 17 dealt with a side stitch that wouldn't go away. But I pushed through and got it done.
Overall Activity Grade: B+
Nutrition Grade: B



No comments:
Post a Comment